Smyle Group produces brand-focused live experiences and media for business and consumer audiences.
Our integrated services model is based in our 19,000 sq ft HQ in Hertford delivering production, logistics, technical, graphic design, creative, video and set construction with in-house teams and equipment to support them, not outsourced.
Our achievements in the last 12 months are of particular significance since in 2014 Smyle lost its top client due to their global market share rapidly declining and hence cancelling all major events – through no fault of Smyle’s, over £2m of event business disappeared.
So the board and wider team recognised it needed to use this challenge as a catalyst to rebalance its client base through investment in its teams and their approach across client management and business development.
Hence the board galvanised all the staff into activating a clear mission throughout the year across 4 internal Strategic Objectives.
-These were Business Development, Brand/Talent, Client Servicing and Productivity
As a result of the successful delivery on these initiatives we have achieved:
- Record turnover up from £6.9m to £14.2m & operating profit up from £22k to £1.8m
- New client wins including Google, Dropbox, Viking Cruises & Hitachi adding over £3m+ of new business
- Fulltime staff numbers up by 25% to 50 fulltime staff
- Record amount of capital investment including a new mezzanine set construction workshop and 360’ cameras
- First acquisition of Pumphouse Productions successfully integrated with new clients won including Rolls-Royce, Thomas Cook and EDF
- Producing the Sustainable Events Summit for the third year.
- Introduction of the new Staff benefits package
- Launching a new Client Services structure with NPS review feedback system
- Implementing a new company wide budgeting and project management system PROCIM