BDO’s RETHINK FESTIVAL
A ground-breaking virtual event, full of firsts!
The challenge was to design and deliver a ‘Blow-their-socks-off’ virtual event, where delegates would be amazed by the visual presentation and digital engagement.
The event was preceded by a first…a digital, interactive crowdsourcing survey, to capture delegates’ views on their aims and objectives for their first virtual bi-annual event.
The event itself was a powerful mixture of virtual, augmented reality, graphics, animations, delivered by an 80+ multi-agency team, working in synch from around the globe.
We embraced all that Extended Reality has to offer, inhabiting and engaging delegates through a virtual world; creating an virtual infrastructure of festival stages through digital assets, and incorporating teleportation, remote callers, in-studio hosts and augmented reality graphics.
‘Firsts’ in a corporate event
- Interactive moves between various ‘stages’ (previously only
done in musical performances)
- Real-time, full-body, teleportation of presenters from outside the broadcast environment (previously only done by Eurosport)
- Plus, a world-record breaking number of ‘teleports’ within a corporate event!
The devil’s in the detail…
- Real-time teleportation of 2 x presenters from home set-ups
- 4 x broadcast-quality Green Screen studios with teleportation
- A team of 80+ around the globe, connected by Unity Comms to enable simple ‘walkie-talkie’ communication
- Remote filming in 18 countries, all directed and edited from HQ
- 630 audio/visual/stage cues over 2 days (average is 100 per day!)
- 310 exposed values in the 3D Block model – the most ever
operated on Smart Stage!